Are you an experienced Temporary Works Design Engineer looking for a new opportunity?
Is gaining recognition in a company’s success important to you?
Plus working for a company whose reputation spans for over 40 years?
Looking for your next career opportunity? - Please read on, we have the role for you!
About the company:
As one of the UK's leading groundworks and RC frames contractors, this company has over 40 years of industry expertise. Having full trust from a number of long term clients they have a reputation for completing projects at high quality, on time and within budget.
Due to a number of key business changes within the company they are now seeking a Temporary Works Design Engineer to oversee several projects within groundwork, earthworks, remediation, reinforced concrete, formwork and sub/superstructure. Based in Central London, your work shall include, but not be limited to, preliminary and detailed temporary works design, propping systems, rigging / lifting calculations and preparation of Engineering Method Statements. The documents produced, including design calculations, specifications, drawings and sketches shall be clear and concise and shall meet the individual project requirements.
• Responsible for temporary works design requirements for the project and delivering them on time and budget
• The production of drawings, calculations and specifications for a diverse range of permanent and temporary works schemes, as well as the provision of build ability, and construction methodology
• Liaison with client, project teams, subcontractors and proprietary suppliers.
• To provide safe and cost effective temporary works designs for site in accordance with company procedure. This may include a review and assessment of build ability of the permanent works.
• Manage drafting requirements and drawing issues.
• Develop and manage the Temporary Works register and approvals.
• Produce detailed and clear designs using AutoCAD specialising within the temporary works/formworks sector
• Review, approve and update TW Designs for final approvals
Qualifications / Expertise
This role requires a degree qualified or experienced Structural Engineer / Temporary Works Design Engineer with excellent knowledge and ideally a qualification within Structural engineering. Experience within the Construction industry, specific experience in scaffolding or temporary works would be highly advantageous and a familiarity with steel or aluminium design. Experience of using BS/EN international standards and excellent knowledge of AutoCAD and frame analyses packages.
What’s in it for you?
Salary £55,000 to £70,000 per annum (based on level of experience)
The benefits package is negotiable, and will be discussed at the interview
This is a unique opportunity that will progress quickly, therefore to register your interest please apply via the link – or call and ask to speak to Richard Barnaby on 020 8655 4942 to discuss the role in more depth.