Senior Quantity Surveyor (Super - Structure, Major Infrastructure / HS2)
Salary: to £75k + package (travel, pension, benefits)
Interested in working on HS2? Come on board and be part of the UK’s largest infrastructure project!
Our client is about to undertake one of the most prestigious project awards given for HS2 and requires a commercially astute Senior Quantity Surveyor to join the team. The role will involve managing the Superstructure of the station, taking the packages from inception through to completion. The work will see them deliver market leading engineering solutions to ensure the project will be delivered on time and within budget. The project is being delivered under a joint venture status.
Commercial attributes for the role will involve the following:
• Administer contractual terms and conditions for suppliers and sub- contractors
• Support the assessment of EWN’s and compensation events
• Provide regular cash flow forecast of expenditure for package and report expenditure against the package budget on a monthly basis
• Support the change management process in conjunction with other functions
• Input to the monthly consolidated project-wide cost / expenditure report
• Assess potential contractor and supplier claims and make recommendations for settlement and finalise contractor’s accounts and close out contracts for the project.
• Raising consultant, supplier or contractor instructions as necessary for signature by approved parties.
• Report on the expenditure of financial contingency built into the relevant packages.
• Provide schedules of rates and commercial input to tender documentation
• Undertake cost analysis of bid returns
• Assist the package project manager in resolving all financial commercial issues arising in the tender return and support the negotiation of two stage fixed price for relevant tenders
• Receive and review monthly valuations from contractors and prepare recommendation for signature by the project manager and designer
• Review all instructions issued by the project manager for cost implications
• Support the change control process and assist in identifying the cost implications of any proposed changes and support the project manager in the resolution of any claims and disputes as may arise with the contractor
The client is looking for a commercially astute individual with the following background:
• Major infrastructure project experience
• Station / building Structures experience
• Strong NEC background
• Package management and procurement experience
• Degree qualified or Chartered
• Structured career history
• Rail would be beneficial
If you are a Senior Quantity Surveyor looking for a long term career move, then please get in touch with Michael Nordoff on 020 8655 4944 / 07816 841 480 to find out more about this fantastic opportunity to be involved in one of HS2’s most interesting sections of work. Alternatively you can apply via this advert.