Salary + Package: £40k + car/car allowance, pension, holiday allowance. (Salary can vary depending on experience).
This contractor is a world leader in the energy and power industry and has been around for more than 100 years where their sales have exceeded past the £ billion mark. They are now looking for a Project Engineer to join their HV cabling team in Scotland.
The role of Project Engineer will see you reporting to the Area Manager for the region, the Project Engineer will be responsible for supervising a range of new activities on installation projects and maintenance services throughout Scotland and Northern England.
The Project Engineer will be responsible for:
- Ensuring that all work is carried out safely, competently and effectively achieving scope, programme and budget.
- Identifying and promoting commercial opportunities.
- Actively monitoring civil engineering activities and the contractor’s installation staff allocated to the site in order to efficiently complete projects.
- Reviewing and monitoring projects using MS Project.
- Liaison between head office, customer, sub-contractors and site based employees.
- Ensuring compliance with safety, environmental, quality and security procedures. Promote a culture of safety, quality and environmental best practice at all times by means of effective communication and site audits.
- Requisition and control project materials.
- Liaise internally and externally to ensure all targets and key milestones are met and ensure all works are carried out to company procedure.
*This position may suit someone who wishes to use his or her technical and project management skills in a new career and has the ability to be flexible to travel throughout Scotland, NI and Northern England.
The Project Engineer will need:
- Preferable, but not essential depending on experience, an HND or degree in a relevant engineering discipline.
- Several years’ experience within a construction and/or electricity industry type environment with a good understanding of HV cable systems and construction/civil engineering matters.
- A high level of computer literacy.
- Proven people management skills and an ability to work unsupervised.
- Ability to prioritise workload to meet deadlines.
- A driving licence is essential.
*What you will get is the opportunity to work for one of the largest multi-disciplined contractors in the world and learn from some of the most high profile managers in the High Voltage market*
So if you are an interested Project Engineer, contact me on 020 8655 4953 / 07783 643 098 or email me, a Utilities Specialist Consultant Vincent Murie at email@example.com