Are you an MEP Designer who is looking to progress your career?
Keen to join a rapidly expanding company where you will work on a variety of technically interesting projects?
Do you want to join an organisation whose ethos is to further develop their staff and retain the industries best talent?
I am working with an organisation who have grown into a worldwide name within infrastructure, bridge, highway, tunnel, dam and marine projects. Their success and future depends on acquiring, developing and retaining diverse and skilled talent and firmly believe in internal progression and professional career development. This is a great opportunity for an MEP Designer to be involved in the complete design process from meeting with clients to seeing the projects through to production.
- Design a detailed understanding of the Contract documents in the form of drawings and specifications
- Facilitate problem solving, as they may arise, between MEP Subcontractors during construction.
- Design MEP systems interrelationships, construction sequencing and project schedules
- Validate design issues related to MEP and suggest alternative solutions.
- Assist in the receipt and review of MEP submittals
- Log and post all MEP changes and as-built information on field drawings.
- Assist in the scope review, budgeting and justification of MEP change work order.
- Direct, monitor and control the activities of MEP Subcontractor.
- Coordination and administration of MEP related materials, systems and shop drawings submittals
- Liaison with Consultant MEP supervisory Engineers, Inspectors and relevant staff
- Ensure that MEP Subcontractors provides and adheres to relevant Quality documentation/records and project safety regulations
- Assist in the testing and commissioning of MEP equipment.
Desired criteria for the successful MEP Designer:
- Mechanical or Electrical degree in Engineering (or an equivalent qualification)
- Working knowledge of plans, prints, specifications and schematics associated with trade
- 5 years of construction experience with working knowledge of mechanical, electrical and plumbing
- Understanding Construction procedures and practices
- Possess excellent communication and organisational skills
If you would like to discuss this opportunity in more detail, please contact Chrissy Walsh @ Calco on 020 8655 4946 or via email@example.com