Northampton +Aylesford, Kent
Salary + Package: up to £50k + car/car allowance, pension and annual leave (Salary will depend on experience)
There is an opportunity for an Estimator to join a high voltage transmission and distribution contractor that provides specialist energy services to the utility sectors globally, exceeding client expectations through innovation and sustainability. The contractor specialises in the turnkey construction of high voltage projects (3.3 kV – 400 kV) within the transmission and distribution market.
- To prepare quotations and interact with clients.
- To maintain and build a database for the supply chain assuring best value from suppliers and subcontractors.
- To issue weekly update progress on the tenders.
- To conduct a commercial handover after contract award.
- To prepare quotation for the ICP business.
- Prepare and monitor tender spreadsheet.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders throughout the tender process.
- Support the client meetings at tender stage.
- Manage the internal review process to sign off on tenders.
- Manage the design element at tender stage.
- Interface with DNO on design and point of connection application.
The Estimators Qualifications, experience and skills:
- Minimum HNC
- 4 years’ experience in the construction/engineering industry, with years as business development within the UK electricity sector.
- Commercial awareness and business acumen
- Role-specific skills
- Strong engineering/technical leadership.
- Exceptional verbal and communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and perform only evidence-based decision making.
- Ability to identify and manage risk and prioritise without losing sight of overall plans and priorities.
- Stakeholder, Contract and Team Management.
What’s in it for you?
*This is an opportunity to join an established and professional business and move through the career ranks quickly within internally established contractor*
*Possibility to work from home parts of the week*
If you are an interested Estimator and want to find out more, get in touch with a specialist HV Utilities specialist Vincent Murie today via the phone on 020 8655 4953 or by emailing email@example.com.