Are you an experienced Health & Safety professional looking for a new opportunity?
Do you have vast experience in Health and Safety within the construction sector?
Are you looking for an opportunity to work with a specialist company with over 50 years of industry experience?
About the Company:
Established in the 1960s the company specialises in demolition, asbestos removal and building works. With a current turnover of £11m, the company delivers projects throughout London and the South East ranging in value from £50k to £4m and has a well-earned reputation of professionalism and quality. This London-based construction company is looking for an experienced Health & Safety Advisor to join its in-house team.
Skills & Experience
You will report to the Group HSQE Manager, and have excellent experience of health & safety tasks in the construction sector including site auditing, risk assessment, accident/incident investigation, competency training and record keeping. The chosen Health & Safety Advisor will be confident, well-organised, proactive with have excellent communication and IT skills along the ability to liaise with colleagues, clients, contractors and members of the public at all levels.
The role will include the following specific tasks:
• Assist with the maintenance of management systems in compliance with OHSAS 18001, ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 for all work activities of the company
• Supporting Health and Safety training reviews, maintaining the company Health and Safety training matrix and ensure identified training is carried out to meet the requirements of reviews.
• Assist with the running of the Health and Safety compliance evaluations, and complete inspections and audits at prescribed intervals
• Advise sites on project-specific health, safety and environment issues. Ensure that site teams comply with current health, safety legislation, best practice and Company standards
• Assist with Investigating accidents, incidents and near miss events in accordance with the organisation standards to identify and share lessons learned
• Assist with the Management of the monthly EHS Meeting and updating meeting minutes,
• Support the wider business in all aspects of health, safety and environment performance,
• Assist with review of documentation including risk assessments and procedures
• Advice, guide and coach all personnel with the implementation of company procedures
Salary: £28,000.00 to £32,000.00 /year
• Nebosh certified in H&S
• Experience in construction health and safety
• Based in London/Home Counties
If you wish to find out more, or to apply for this role please contact Richard Barnaby on 020 8655 4942 / 07903 063892 or via firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively you can apply directly via this advert.