12 month rolling contract based in Dublin
Hourly rate + up to 75% remote work based on experience
This challenging position involves working as part of a multi-discipline, highly interactive and coordinated team focused on projects including semiconductor manufacturing, data centre facilities, and other state of the art manufacturing facilities. Come be a part of a vibrant, dynamic team that delivers world class designs for industry leading clients around the world. We design of some of the most complex and specialized facilities being constructed today. Projects for our clients include feasibility studies, long-range planning studies, and full design services including programming, schematic design, design development, construction documents, and services during construction for design/bid/build and design/build projects. The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated individual with strong communication skills. They will exhibit a passion and desire to apply their professional experience and knowledge in a team environment on technically challenging and professionally rewarding projects. Our team is seeking a person who understands the importance of meeting their targeted commitments while being flexible to the ever-changing and fast paced environment of our clients’ sites.
- Perform necessary engineering and design tasks to produce construction documents in conjunction with a team of engineers and designers.
- Under the direction of a Senior Engineer, design electrical services packages in Revit & AutoCAD.
- Coordinate and collaborate real time with other disciplines such as mechanical, structural, architectural and process to develop designs.
- Follow quality and CAD/BIM standards.
- Provide technical support and assistance to Electrical Engineers.
- Analyse and design complex building systems, including medium and low voltage power systems Lighting, grounding, and process heating systems
- Standby generator and UPS systems for critical power needs
- Exercise judgment in developing plans or alternatives and work with teams to assure quality plans.
- Perform field activities such as filed surveys and design verification.
- Provide guidance and mentoring to junior designers on a project-by-project basis.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and Revit
- 4+ years of formal experience in heavy industrial engineering design
- Experience in the complete suite of electrical engineering design services. This include (but is not limited to) MV and LV power distribution, generators, UPS systems, lighting & emergency lighting, vertical transportation, small power, lightning protection, earthing & bonding, and hazardous areas.
- Knowledge of applicable electrical engineering codes, standards and acceptable industry practices
- Good verbal and written communication skills required
- Self-starter and can take initiative with assigned tasks and objectives
- Professional approach and demeanour
- A strong ethical approach to safety, quality and environmental protection
- Preferred requirements
- Experience in design of semiconductor or other advanced manufacturing facilities
If you would like to find out more about this opportunity please contact Maria Carmo via 020 8655 4932 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.