Location: Cambridgeshire, East Anglia
Salary + Package: Up to £60k + pension, car/car allowance, group life assurance and 25 days annual leave excluding bank holidays.
This contractor operates as a Telecommunication Infrastructure Services Company, covering the full network life cycle, delivering managed services and projects for both fixed and mobile infrastructure networks across the operator and utility markets.
A fabulous opportunity for a Commercial Manager to be part of their Project Team based in Cambridgeshire due to the continued growth who will support an existing framework with one of their key, long established clients and new project awards.
The role of the Commercial Manager:
The Commercial Manager will plan, control, manage and ensure effective administration of the commercial and financial aspects of all projects under the allocated framework and will be responsible for maintaining compliance with the conditions of the contract and the Company procedures.
Commercial Manager Responsibilities
- Working closely with the Project Delivery Teams to ensure contractual compliance is implemented for all projects and that required items are completed in a correct and timely manner.
- Maintenance of the change control process and financial risk management at project level.
- Tracking and reporting cash flow, including monitoring ageing profiles.
- Review Cost & Value reports and margin analysis for projects on a monthly basis, as well as providing a summary and commentary for the contractors Directors.
- Reviewing the project applications and out-turn forecasts on a regular basis, providing any required updates and action plans.
- Monitoring and reporting ledger trends, reviewing potential lean efficiencies and implementing improvements.
- Regularly liaising with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Leading and supporting commercial and support staff with their duties, to include training and mentoring.
- Develop and promote a working environment where Commercial and Project Management staff share ideas and best practice.
What skills are required of the Commercial Manager
- BSc in Commercial Management would be beneficial, or the ability to demonstrate a proven track record in QS / commercial management
- Working knowledge with a strong understanding of the Telecom or Utilities sector.
- Experience of working in a high volume transactional environment.
- Experience of dealing with different forms of contracts(NEC&JCT)
- Strong commercial acumen.
What’s in it for me?
- Access to staff discount portal which includes, gyms and food hubs etc.
- Free flu jabs each October
- Group Life Assurance
- Work within a division of a massive Utility contractor where you can move into other areas of the business, so there is plenty of career progression and pathways.
So if you are an interested Commercial Manager, contact me on 020 8655 4953 / 07783 643098 or email me, a Utilities/Telecoms Specialist Consultant Vincent Murie at firstname.lastname@example.org