Are you a Chartered Building Surveyor looking to join an establishment organisation?
Do you have experience working in housing and the residential sector?
Are you looking for an exciting and rewarding opportunity?
Then this position is the ideal opportunity for you
This establishment organisation based in Central and has a property portfolio in South London and Surrey comprising a diverse range of properties. They now have an exciting opportunity for a Chartered Building Surveyor to manage their residential/housing portfolio which comprises a wide range of property types. This famous organisation with over a century in existence is respected throughout the world and have a proud history in promoting best practice in all areas.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carrying out site and structural inspections; analysing building defects; determining causes; reporting; and specifying and supervising appropriate action.
- Preparing measured and construction drawings (plans, elevations, sections and large scale details) for maintenance, repair, and refurbishment purposes.
- Writing schedules, specifications and obtaining tenders; assessing the ability of contractors and encouraging rising standards of performance; instructing contractors, supervising building works and authorising payment; preparing, when appropriate, costs in use analyses and detailed technical papers for committees.
- Negotiating claims with loss adjustors, statutory authorities and exercising a client function with consultants.
- Acting upon reports and organising repairs as and when defects arise.
- Ensuring that proper file and inspection records and photographs are kept on the server and records are updated.
- Party Wall Matters.
- Contribute to the building and maintaining of excellent working relationships with the users of the property department.
Successful Building Surveyor will have:
- Minimum 5 years proven experience
- Ideally RICS or CIOB Qualification or working towards becoming Chartered
- Residential/Housing experience
- Driving licence
On offer to the chosen Building Surveyor is a salary of up to £52,000 salary with a car user allowance, a very generous pension scheme, enhanced holiday/leave scheme and a wide range of benefits that you would expect working for such an organisation.
For any more information please contact Nazir Idris on 020 8655 4940 / 075 1910 1527 or via email@example.com