Business Development Engineer
Salary + Package: £50k + Company car/car allowance (£500 p/m), Annual bonus (based on achieving sales target that can go up to 20%), 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, rising by 1 day a year after two complete years’ service, up to a maximum of 30 days, Life Cover (3x salary), 5% Employer Pension Contribution, Private Medical Insurance (following successful probation), Employee Assistance Programme.
Reporting to: Sales Manager
Location: South Region (Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire, Hampshire, Dorset)
*The job will be based at home but ideally to come from the above counties and you will be expected to travel to visit clients and sites in the South region of England*
A fast-growing Multi-utility Independent Connections Provider (ICP) that are fully accredited under the NERS, GIRS & WIRS schemes to carry out the turnkey provision of multi-utility infrastructure and subsequent connections to new build housing, residential, commercial and industrial projects are looking for an Business Development Engineer to join their team.
The ICP contractor is one of the UK’s largest Independent Network Owners, owning and operating in excess of 300,000 gas and electricity connections serving residential and commercial customers. In total the Group employs over 650 people across the UK.
- The Business Development Engineer will work closely with our existing and future customers to identify, develop and secure new electricity, gas and water connection projects predominantly in the South of England. This will involve both technical input and negotiation.
- The Business Development Engineer will be responsible for identifying opportunities in industrial, commercial, residential & generation connections, working closely with the wider Business Development team and Sales Manager (South).
- The Business Development Engineer will manage commercial risks and secure financial commitment from our Clients in order to meet the company sales targets.
Key responsibilities and duties of the Business Development Engineer:
- Conduct marketing campaigns and attend trade shows, job fairs etc. in order to increase company’s recognition.
- Prepare presentations and demonstrations on business development opportunities for customers.
- Conduct competitor analysis and market research to develop roadmap and sales strategy to secure new business.
- Provide relevant and agreed company KPI’s on a monthly basis.
- Achieve and exceed, agreed monthly/yearly sales targets.
The Qualifications/Experience of the Business Development Engineer
- Proven sales track record in a business to business environment (essential)
- Business development experience within electricity/gas networks (desirable)
- Experience of new connections markets (desirable)
- Must have a full UK driving licence (essential)
*This is an excellent opportunity to join a busy organisation that has a massive order book of work, offering great job security and the potential to quickly secure a higher job position within the company*
If you are an interested Business Development Engineer and want to find out more, get in touch with me, Vincent Murie a Utilities specialist via 020 8655 4953 or by emailing email@example.com.