Can you commute to South London?
Do you have experience of plan checking on large highrise developments?
Then this position is the ideal opportunity for you!
This is an exciting opportunity for a Building Control Officer to work in this Local Authority. You will ensure that all building works are carried out in accordance with statutory and legal requirements and will predominantly be undertaking plan checking and site surveys, as well as providing professional and technical advice to builders, developers and colleagues.
Duties for this Building Control Officer role include:
• Inspecting buildings being constructed or converted.
• Working closely with Developers and Builders to ensure as far as is reasonably possible, that the works are in accordance with the Building Regulations
• Recording inspection details on the database and communicating comments to customers
• Carry out developer assessments at the completion of projects.
• Ongoing liaison with Surveyors and Management on technical matters, to ensure that standards are being maintained and procedures adhered to.
• The review of drawings, specifications, details and calculations.
The successful Building Control Officer will have:
• Highly developed organisational skills
• Educated to Degree Level or equivalent
• Commercial or Residential experience
• Track record as a Building Control Officer
Interested and want to know more? Call Jordi on 020 8655 1600.